Last Updated on June 8, 2022
There is a lot of fun in talking to fellow players in a game. PlayStation Party Chat is an amazing feature that lets PS4 and PS5 players communicate with each other across the globe.
Many gamers ask how to configure PlayStation Party Chat on PC. First of all, it is similar to Discord and lets you open voice chat groups with your friend and other fellow players. So you see, gaming is fun with PlayStation Party Chat.
Before you try configuring PlayStation Party Chat on PC, please note that it only works with PS4 and PS5 consoles, and it is a feature within PlayStation Remote Play. PlayStation Party Chat is a voice-based program. You don’t need any chat box, keyboard, or chat pad to communicate with your fellow players. You can communicate through your PC’s mike and speakers (or headphones).
PlayStation Party Chat on PC is a simple and easy process. You will need the PlayStation Remote Play app before you can get started. Let’s look at how you can download it.
Downloading Remote Play App
You will need a PS4 or PS5 console to use the Remote Play app. You can download the Remote Play app from its official page. It works on Windows 10 and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 or above.
- Once the app has been downloaded, install it on your computer.
- Head over to your PlayStation console and enable Remote Play from settings.
- Check the option “Enable Turning on PS4/PS5 from Network” is active. If this is not turned on, you will not be able to join Party Chat on your PC because your PC will detect no streaming activity.
- Make sure that your PC and console are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If they are connected to different networks, you won’t be able to go ahead with the settings.
- Put your PlayStation console into sleep mode.
- Optimize Remote Play app settings according to your computer’s hardware and match the settings with your console model. If the settings are not optimized, you will experience problems while streaming, and PlayStation Party Chat will not run smoothly.
- The next step is to pair your PS controller to your PC. You have the freedom to connect the controller wirelessly or connect it with a wire to your PC. You will need to connect the controller to your PC via Bluetooth for a wireless connection. If your PC doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can use an external Bluetooth device. For a wired connection, you will need a USB cable. Check the USB port on your PC and get a USB cable for your controller. If your PC has a USB-C port, you can connect the controller with a USB-C to USB-C cable. If your PC has a USB-A port, you will need a USB-C to USB-A port.
- Once the controller is set up, all the other things have been taken care of. Sign in to the PS network with your login credentials.
Starting PlayStation Party Chat on PC
So now that you have connected Console to your PC and probably tried playing a few games Via the Remote Play app, it is time you get going with PlayStation Party App.
Here’s how you can start/join PlayStation party Chat on your PC
- If there are no screen-breaking issues in the Remote Play app, you will be able to see a microphone icon at the bottom of your computer screen. Click it to start using the voice chat feature. (Make sure that you check your microphone before starting a chat).
- Once the microphone is activated, press the PlayStation button on your controller. Select Party from the menu.
- Now you will see all the chat groups created by your friends. Join a group and enjoy Party chat on PC.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PlayStation Party Chat?
PlayStation Party Chat allows players to connect and communicate over voice with each other regardless of their physical location. It is similar to Discord, but it does the same work for PS4 and PS5 players. Since it is a voice chat service, you don’t have to navigate back and forth between the chat box and a keyboard.
Is PlayStation Party Chat a standalone app?
No. It is not a standalone application, but you can use it on other devices. We will discuss how you can do PlayStation Party Chat on your smartphone in the next FAQs.
Why use PlayStation Party Chat instead of Discord?
PlayStation Party Chat is a built-in feature within the Remote Play app. It was specifically designed to be used with streaming services and will not put a load on your PC. Moreover, it doesn’t affect the stream quality and doesn’t lead to lagging. Moreover, all other players are on the same platform, leading to less delay and lag while playing multiplayer games.
How can I join PS4 Party Chat from my Android?
- Open the official Remote Play site and download the app for your mobile phone. Please note that Android devices running Android 7 or later can play PS Remote Play games using on-screen controls. Devices running on Android 10 or higher can connect to DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth. Android devices using Android 12 or higher support DualSense wireless controller.
- Open the app after the download is complete.
- Connect your PS4 and phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Look for your console in the application and connect it.
- This will start a syncing process. You may be asked for a passkey if you have set one on your console.
- Select the game you want to play.
- Press the microphone icon on your screen to start PlayStation Party Chat.
How can I join PS4 Party Chat from my iOS device?
You can also join Party Chat on your iOS devices. Let’s see how you can do it.
- Download PS remote Play app from Apple’s app store.
- Any Apple device running iOS 13 or later can play PS Remote Play games using the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth or on-screen controls. Devices running iOS 14.5 or later can play with a DualSense wireless controller via Bluetooth.
- Open the app after the download is complete.
- Connect your iOS device and PS console to the same internet network.
- Look for your console in the app and tap it to connect.
- It will start a synchronization process to sync your device with the PS console.
- Run the game you wish to play and join voice chats on your device to enjoy Party Chat with your friends.
PlayStation is one of the greatest gaming consoles of all time. We have discussed the easiest way to start Party Chat on PC and enjoy playing with your game buddies. If you use a high-speed internet connection to connect your console and PC, you will have a lifetime gaming experience with PlayStation Party Chat on PC.